Traveling With Express Arrow
Please arrive at your scheduled location 30 minutes early.
Passengers are responsible for transferring their own bags. Baggage assistance is available upon request. Special handling ID tags are available for customers that need help with their luggage, such as elderly passengers, customers with disabilities or adults traveling with small children.
Be sure that all checked bags have a claim check AND an identification tag. You must get both of these at the ticket counter prior to boarding. Please make sure your bags are properly tagged inside and out.
Take your baggage to the bus and give it to the baggage handler who will load the baggage underneath the bus. You are in charge of picking up your bags next to the bus at each transfer location and taking them to your connecting bus.
- One (1) piece of baggage is checked free of charge for adults and children. One (1) additional piece of baggage may be checked for an additional charge for adults only. Three (3) more bags may be checked at the cost of $35-$45 each.Baggage carried beyond five (5) pieces will be charged based on Greyhound Package Express rates. One (1) small bag up to 25 pounds can be taken on board for each adult or child. Carry-on bags must fit in the overhead compartment or under your seat.
- The maximum allowable weight for checked baggage is 50 pounds per individual piece of baggage. A charge of $35 – $45 (depending on the distance traveled) will be charged for any baggage above the 50 pound limit.
- Baggage must not exceed 62 inches when adding the total exterior dimensions of the piece (length + width + height). A charge of $30 – $40 (depending on the distance traveled) will be applied to any baggage above the 62-inch limit.
- Packaging exceptions will only be made for the following items: bicycles, skis and ski poles must be packed in wood, canvas or other substantial container, and securely fastened; towing equipment must be enclosed in rigid containers or wrapped in a strong material such as canvas and securely strapped or tied. Towing equipment is limited to 100 pounds actual weight. These items are not exempt from oversize charges.
- If bags exceed maximum size and/or weight, customers must ship the item via Greyhound Package Express.
Acceptable Types of Baggage
In general, acceptable baggage includes suitcases, duffel bags, toolboxes, trunks and securely tied cardboard boxes. A plastic and/or a paper bag is not acceptable as checked baggage. Shipping containers are available for a nominal fee at many terminals.
Prohibited Items for Checked Baggage
Acids, ammunition, animals, combustible liquids, compressed gases, corpses, cremated remains, explosives, firearms of all types, fireworks, flammable liquids, furniture, hazardous materials (poisons, radioactive materials, etc.), materials with a disagreeable odor, matches, merchandise for resale, protruding articles, or any unsecured articles including those in plastic or paper bags are prohibited. Electronic equipment (television, stereos, etc.), film (flammable), and perishable items (food) may be sent using Greyhound Package Express with appropriate packing. Items such as money and prescription medication may not be checked as baggage and are to be carried in the customer’s possession.
Laptop computers are considered “electronic items” and are prohibited as checked baggage, however they may be brought aboard as a carry-on item.
If you have any questions about what specific items are allowed on board (as carry-on or checked), please check our Prohibited Items List. Some items we allow on the list may be considered illegal on board public transportation in certain states. Greyhound will follow local law in these cases.
Liability on Lost Luggage
The maximum liability is $250.00 for all baggage checked (not including items checked as overweight, oversized and or excess baggage) per adult ticket and $125.00 per child’s ticket. Neither Express Arrow nor other participating bus carriers are responsible for the loss of or damage to baggage in excess of the value allowances. Express Arrow will only be responsible to the extent of the actual loss or damage sustained based on the actual baggage at the time and place of checking, and will NOT accept any liability for unchecked baggage.
Carriers will not deliver lost or delayed baggage. It is the responsibility of the passenger to make arrangements for any such lost or delayed baggage to be shipped to destinations outside the Continental United States. The Continental United States does not include Alaska or Hawaii.
To file a claim for loss or damage baggage, customers must file at the terminal.
Children under the age of 12 years cannot travel alone. They must travel with someone age 17 or older.
Children 12-16 years of age can travel alone with restrictions, including completion of the Unaccompanied Child Form for a fee of $15.00 each way. No Transfers Allowed. Children 12-16 (traveling alone) can now travel a maximum of 8 hours between the hours of 7:00 am and 8:00 pm.
No restrictions for ages 17 years old and older.
Tickets for unaccompanied children are not sold online.